Two Chances to Train Your Eyeballs

If you live in the Bay Area, here are your weekend plans:
1. RUN don't walk to the DeYoung for the final days of the David Hockney show.
Waaay back when I was in school, Hockney was not viewed "seriously" by the academic world. I don't know about now (nor do I care), but this show is not to be missed. It is HUGE--rooms and rooms, all so different. But what makes it a MUST SEE is this show has something for EVERYONE, the kids, the techie, the scientist, the device-obsessed, lovers of landscapes, lovers of portraits. So get your tix in advance, jam the kids into the car (they'll love what Hockney does with an iPhone), and GO!  A great outing for learning to SEE while looking at fun, wild, maybe controversial work.
Click here info for Hockney show, HURRY!

2. Go to Fog Art event at Fort Mason in SF. 
I'm excited because I love seeing Art, Furnishings and Design Objects shown together. That's how we LIVE after all. 
Even if I don't buy anything, Stanlee Gatti is all over it so you know it will be a visual blast.
Click here for info on the Fog Design & Art event for this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for bringing these to our attention! Do you have any photos of favorite Hockney pieces to share?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES, I'll publish some pics as next blog entry above here (I can't seem to get them into my reply.)
    Thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete