Resolution for 2014: Let’s Get Art!


Nothing finishes a room and adds personality like some good art. The world would be a better place if more people bought more art.

But I’ve found it can be REALLY hard for people/my clients to buy art.  Rather than dithering in analysis of the psychological stumbling blocks, let’s move on to solving the problem.  These next posts are guidelines to buying, displaying, and having art, to push you on your way. The goal is to get you going.

I bought my first piece of art when I was six years old, at an outdoor art show by university students. It was an etching of a cat; it cost $1.25. I loved cats and it fit my budget. I still have that piece.

I like to think my tastes have deepened--I’ve studied art, travelled a lot, I hang out with artists. But my buying criteria haven’t really changed since I was six: strong reaction to the piece, comfort with the price.

Thus, Rule #1:  Don’t get wrapped around the axle about this, it’s just art.
more Cat Art from my youth, by Jewitt Campbell

1 comment: